User Review( votes)
arkTube is a light weight, feature-filled YouTube audio and video downloader for Android. It uses one of the most actively developed open-source project in the world: youtube-dl to download video or audio from YouTube. Some apps such as Videoder or TubeMate make use of youtube-dl, but these mostly function as a wrapper for the YouTube app.
arkTube is very simple to use. Simply select the share button (arrow) on the top right corner while you are watching any video and choose arkTube. You can then set the video quality you need to download.
One drawback to use arkTube is that to download videos in high resolution, you have to purchase the donation app on Google Play Store (just $1.99). The free version will give you basic support and access to several of the most useful features, but the paid version is where the app genuinely shines.
Both the free and paid version has been tested with several different CTS-certified ROMs. If you have an issue activating the pro features, switch to another ROM or do a refund within the Play Store. If you miss the 2 hours refund window, email to: [email protected]
Features of arkTube:
- The app supports downloading all resolutions such as 1080p, 1440p, 4K and 8K though the free version is limited to a maximum 720p.
- You can also download videos as VP9 format.
- Supports downloading audio.
- You can also download audio as Vorbis / Opus codec.
- Metadata is automatically populated for all audio whether it is free or paid version. Video metadata requires the paid version.
- You can download whole playlists.
- You can also order the downloads by most the recent first or oldest first.
- Option to add playlist number to order each item in the playlist.
- Optimized downloader for faster downloads.
- You can pause your downloads and can resume them when need.
- Internal and external storage support.
Offered By: arter97
File Format: APK
Current Version: 7.1.1 (Updated: November 14, 2018)